Monday, June 02, 2008

Mammoth Cave


Mood: a wee bit upset. Okay, more than a wee bit.

Today, going to our second tour at Mammoth Cave I rounded a corner (lots of winding roads). The speed limit had been 40. (Yea, yea, some of you see where this is going...) Well, the speed limit dropped to 35, immediately followed (well, about 30 feet, I'd say. Really!) by a 25mph sign. Dang if a stinkin' copper wasn't driving... YES, driving! in the opposite direction. A short way later, or as they would say in these here parts, just a stone's throw down the road a piece, David said, Hey, Mom, that police is behind you. With his lights on. Dang (or words to that effect).

He said he had me on radar. Radar!? when he was driving in the opposite direction?

We only had five minutes to make our cave tour... but we made it, after I had the $175!!! ticket in hand.

For the rest of the trip, David and I will be eating pb&j a lot more often than planned.

OKAY... (sigh) I am trying to get out of my funk. David asked what a "funk" was. I told him it's how you feel when you've gotten a ticket and it bums you out and you're trying to move beyond it :-p

BUT, David is enjoying the fun of having the hotel pool to himself, I plan to close my laptop and join him, and I promise to have a happier report later.

Mood? Trying to lighten it.

1 Comments:

At Thu Jun 05, 09:55:00 AM EDT, Blogger Laura said...

Bummer! Hope you're over the pain of this extra expense and having an amazing time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home