Saturday, August 26, 2006

thoughts

Here are some words, thoughts, and feelings from this week:

"Gratitude is one of the least articulate of the emotions, especially when it is deep." ~Felix Frankfurter

-grace- absolute and completely unexpected.
-thankfulness-

The family is a haven in a heartless world. ~Attributed to Christopher Lasch

-love- deep and abiding.

"Solitude never hurt anyone. Emily Dickinson lived alone, and she wrote some of the most beautiful poetry the world has ever known... then went crazy as a loon." ~Matt Groening, The Simpsons, spoken by the character Lisa Simpson

-quiet-

-reflection-

"An educational system isn't worth a great deal if it teaches young people how to make a living but doesn't teach them how to make a life." ~Author Unknown

-preparedness-

"Much education today is monumentally ineffective. All too often we are giving young people cut flowers when we should be teaching them to grow their own plants." ~John W. Gardner

-neglect-

"Keep your fears to yourself but share your courage with others." ~Robert Louis Stevenson

-go-

"The happiest moments of my life have been the few which I have passed at home in the bosom of my family." ~Thomas Jefferson

-connection-

"If there is anything that we wish to change in the child, we should first examine it and see whether it is not something that could better be changed in ourselves." ~C.G. Jung, Integration of the Personality, 1939

-helping-
-mentoring-
-caring-
-sharing-

"Love is, above all, the gift of oneself." ~Jean Anouilh

"Expectations are resentments under construction." ~Anne Lamott

-hurt-

"What I was really hanging around for, I was trying to feel some kind of a good-by. I mean I've left schools and places I didn't even know I was leaving them. I hate that. I don't care if it's a sad good-by or a bad good-by, but when I leave a place I like to know I'm leaving it. If you don't, you feel even worse." ~J.D. Salinger, The Catcher in the Rye, Chapter 1

-moving forward-

"In everything give thanks: for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus concerning you." I Thessalonians 5:18

-thankful, thankful, thankful-

...putting one foot in front of the other.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home