Saturday, September 16, 2006

hate to be sick


--just completed the second week of school and I came down with a doozie of a cold on Wednesday. Completely stuffy nose, ears, and head, fever and chills, scratchy throat, achy, tired body... if you have ever lived in the Great White North you know the routine. Strep throat is also going around-- rather early in the season for that, isn't it?

On the way to school on Thursday, David asked, Do all teachers have to go to school even when they're sick? I looked back at him in the rear view mirror and smiled.

True, I hate spreading my germs around school but it is torture to make up sub plans and I try to save my sick days for when David gets sick. Now that he is older he is much healthier so hopefully we won't be taking too many sick days. I am thankful the recurrent double ear infections are a thing of the past; he hasn't had those in a very long time.

Anyway, I sure hope David doesn't catch this miserable thing... but this morning he came into my room before seven, a Junie B Jones book held in one hand, a plastic container of Attacktix and his old tattered stuffed cat Ali tucked under the other arm, and announced, I'm snuffly. --sigh--

1 Comments:

At Fri Sep 29, 12:12:00 PM EDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hope you're feeling better by now! I smugly thought the days of congestion, sore throat, etc. were behind me but I've succumbed to the fall cold germs floating around, too. I swear by ColdEeze & Advil!

L.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home